Thursday, December 25, 2008

What the Pope said...and didn't say, and why I agree with him.

The transgender types are up in arms because, as they wish to put it, "The Pope has attacked transsexuals." Now, two things quickly become obvious....first, the transgender types did not actually pay any attention to what the Pope actually said (or perhaps, don't want to) and second, they have suddenly decided that by calling themselves "transsexual" they can further muddy the waters, since many of them have absolutely zero desire to give up their penises. They remind me of the old gun nut bumper stickers...."They will take my penis when they pry my cold dead fingers from it."

Actually, the Pope did not specifically mention transsexuals. He spoke out against so-called "gender theory," which is at the heart of much of what defines "transgender," not true transsexualism which is now increasingly referred to as Harry Benjamin Syndrome. Of course, I realize that the Pope probably does not truly understand the difference, since he is advised by people like Paul McHugh who is deliberately ignorant of the facts.

No, what the Pope was speaking out against is the theory that came out of radical feminism which holds that "gender" is all a social construct, and that people should be free to decide such matters for themselves. Except, of course, that the most radical practitioners are very unhappy unless they actually decision is to either stick with the gender considered appropriate for one's birth sex or to be some sort of gender queer. Being HBS is usually not consider an acceptable "choice." And of course, in "gender theory" it is all a choice. Biology is not considered an acceptable explanation.

What is odd about this is the fact that LGBT dogma holds that homosexuality is always congenital. But being transgender is usually held to be a choice. And what is even odder is that the evidence that gender is inherent is pretty much insurmountable, while the evidence that homosexuality is never a choice is still lacking. Now, it is pretty certain that some people are born homosexual, and that others make a choice. Simply observing behavior in prisons should make it obvious that some choose homosexual behavior when they have no other option for sex. When their situation changes, they return to being straight. And it is certainly true that transgender people clearly choose to rebel against their inherent gender.

I agree with the Pope that "gender theory" is invalid, and that it poses threats to societal order. While I have no desire to force people's behavior, that does not mean that I am going to approve of it either.

Pope Paul VI had not problem with the surgical treatment of transsexuals since it improved people's lives. The current Pope is influenced by people who claim the opposite, but who do so by ignoring the clear evidence. The Pope is right about "gender theory" but is mislead about those who have HBS. I believe if he had more accurate facts, his views would be different.

No, in spite of what you read, the Pope did not attack transsexuals. He did attack "gender theory" which is favored by many, if not most, who style themselves as "transgender activists." And that is why they are so dead set on attacking him for simply speaking the truth.

4 comments:

Hazumu Osaragi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Jennifer said...

A comment was posted earlier, but has been removed. I still wanted to respond to it.

"May I interject a real life situation. I’d like to hear your guidance on this."

Of course....

"My mother was given a drug to take to lessen the chance of miscarriage and promote healthy babies — that’s what the doctor told her. The drug is Diethylstilbestrol, or DES. In male fetuses, it feminizes the brains of one in five of us ‘DES sons’."

That is one probable cause of Harry Benjamin Syndrome.

"I finally came to terms with this, and realized my choice was transition or die. So, I’m now a male-to-female transsexual who’s had ‘the operation.’ I’ve changed all my legal paperwork and although I still have a male body with XY chromosomes, it has been retrofitted to approximate female anatomy, which is good because if I ever end up in an accident, there will be no ’surprise’ for the first responders."

I have to wonder why you feel the need to cling to the fact that you have, as you describe it, "a male body..." I have had the operation and I would never describe myself that way. And, quite frankly, I have no idea what my chromosomes are.

"I ‘pass’ very well, thank you. Only rarely do strangers figure out I was not born this way. Most people have to be told, by me, or, more often, by someone else who just has to ‘drop the bomb.’"

Really? I don't "pass" at all. I am a woman, and that is how I am perceived. If I said I "passed," I would be saying that I am really just a man who is fooling everyone.

"All my paperwork has been changed. Legally, I'm female. But I have to find an OB/GYN who can check my prostate during my yearly pelvic exam (yearly mammograms don't need that level of disclosure.)"

While it is certainly advisable to let your GYN know your full medical history, there is really no need for a prostate exam. First off, women have a "prostate" although it is referred to as a Skene's gland or a paraurethral gland. In very rare cases, women do develop cancer there, and in those rare cases, they will have a positive PSA. But post-op HBS women do not need a prostate exam since hormones tend to shrink it and prevent any problems.

"So my question to you is — knowing what you know now about me and assuming for the moment you get absolute power to label me and make determinations on where I can and can't go —"

"-Do I marry a man? Or do I marry a woman?"

Well, that depends...do you live in a jurisdiction that allows same sex marriages? If so, then you can marry whoever you want. Otherwise, legally, I would think yopu are limited to men. Of course, if you identify as a lesbian, you can call it a marriage even if it not legallly valid.

"-Which restroom and changing facility do you feel I, a male-to-female transsexual, should use when in public spaces?"

Well, unless you want to cause problems, I would strongly suggest you use the female facilities.

"-Am I immoral??

How would I know?

"-Am I a paedophile?

That depends...are you attracted to children?

"-Am I tearing down western society in support of a deviant agenda?

Nothing you have said seems to indicate that you are, though you could be. Again, I really have no way of knowing.

"-Am I selfish?

How would I know?

Oh well, I suspect this person probably realized they had made an error and removed their post. But no, being HBS is not immoral. Delibrately subverting gender...well, that is another matter.

Sue Sue said...

It's obvious over at Abnormal Heights they didn't bother to read what the Pope said. I guess transgenders are not able to ether read or think for themselves.

Drunk on their own transgender Kool-Aid.

S

Just Jennifer said...

Well, I don't know if Autumn Sandeen bothered to actually read what the Pope said, or he just followed the mob that seemed to get it wrong. It is hard to say, because while the Pope had nothing to actually say about "transsexuals" he did have a lot to say about "gender theory" which is a direct comment on the transgender ideals of people like Sandeen. So, Sandeen, who now tries to claim a "transsexual" identity, might well get everything confused.