Thursday, October 11, 2007

What's Wrong With Being Stealth?

The simple answer for transsexuals, or better, those with Harry Benjamin Syndrome, is "Absolutely nothing!" A lot of so-called "transgender activists" spend a lot of time whining about how people should be "out, loud, and proud" about being transgender. They heap attacks on anyone who dares "hide" claiming it is out of fear, or shame. And simply put, that is a complete load of hogwash.
Here is it is, another National Coming Out Day. Trangender activists will again demand that transsexuals "come out of the closet." And I will repeat what I have said many times before, "The closet is not applicable to transsexuals." You see, the primary reason for being stealth is not shame, or fear...it is because the alternative is to continue living a lie.
If you are "out," then it is pretty much impossible to live as the person you really are. As I have pointed out to many, people may say that they accept you as a woman, but they often qualify that to the point of it being meaningless. In fact, I have referred to this as being a "Woman, but...." as in, "Yes, she is a very nice woman, but....she used to be a man." No, I was never a man. I tried to pretend to be one, and I finally gave up and stopped trying to do that. Now, why would I want to link myself to that past?
Some actually seem to relish their "dual" status. They seem to want to keep one foot firmly in the past. I don't. I hated that life, and I want no part of it.
So, no thanks. I will pass on being "out, loud, and proud." No, instead, I am simply a woman, and proud of it.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Jennifer,
It took me a long time to really come out as a gay woman. And yep there are some who pretend acceptance or can't separate me from lesbian, and that's "their" problem. But for me, being out means I don't have to wonder what they would think "if" they knew.

I believe people are born gay and I believe people are born Trans. That is who we are. Some folks will accept and some won't, that's the way it is. But, I am not one of those folks who think you should be out. That's your call. You are simply a woman and proud of it. I hope there will be a day when you can be simply a Transwoman and proud of it.

Courtney said...

Go sister, soul sister. Your history is no one's business but your own. It is your's to share, but only as you wish. There was a time when being "stealth" simply meant going about your life. Now they have labels for everything.

---Courtney

Unknown said...

I can see that Jackie simply does not get it. Jennifer, and I, do not WANT to be "transwomen". We would not be proud of being stuck with a label that forever sperates us from who we know we are. But that is the TG and liberal mindset. Make sure everyone has a nice label. Sorry, Jackie, but I will fight to never be labeled like that. I am a woman, nothing more, nothing less. Trying to tell me that you hope there will be a day when I can be proud to be a "transwoman" just means that you hope there comes a day when you can force me to wear a label that you define, not me. It speaks to the arrogance of the left's mindset, that we are not capable of making our own decisions, and should bow down to those who claim to be wiser than us.

Why do you insist on hoping for a day when we can be labeled "simply as a transwoman", when we are MORE than happy to be labeled as women, and PROUD of that.